Since its inception in 1972, Shahade Hospital has always adopted a holistic approach towards its patients. The Hospital was set up by Dr. Prof. M G Shahade, a renowned surgeon who was acclaimed globally for his pioneering surgical techniques.
Apart from being an exceptionally skilled surgeon, Dr. Shahade was also a kind individual and a person of absolute integrity. His pathbreaking medical service and generosity have helped the Hospital earn excellent goodwill in society.
By nurturing this culture of compassion and by being at the new frontiers of medical technology, we pledge to offer quality medical care to our patients – first time, every time.
Experts at the helm
Dr. Ambarish Shahade
Backed by a unique breadth and depth of experience in Proctosurgery and Oncosurgery, Dr Shahade has performed more than 5,000 endoscopy procedures. A doctor gifted with superlative surgical skills, he is a multitalented individual who has a passion for teaching and social work as well. He is ex-President of IMA, Pune Chapter and is an active current member of the institute.
- M.S. (Gen.Surg.) F.A.I.S Certificate in Hospital Administration
- Certified Endoscopist Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship In Oncosurgery- Gujarat Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad
- Colo-rectal Surgery- St.Marks Hospital, London
- Laparoscopic Surgery At Dr.Palanivelu Gem.Hospital, Coimbatore
Dr (Mrs) Arati Shahade
A distinguished medical student and an eminent doctor, Dr Arati Shahade is a qualified Diabetologist who is endowed with an ability to easily connect with patients. Apart from providing expert diabetic care and treatment, she is also actively engaged in diabetic education. It is her firm belief that adequate awareness can go a long way in preventing the incidence of diabetes.
She is closely associated with many institutes in the medical fraternity and is an active Rotarian, who is involved in community work in the healthcare arena. She works as Chairperson, Independent Ethics Committee at Vishwadhyaya Kendra for Collaboration with Ayurveda in Non-communicable Diseases and has also served as Examiner for Health Sciences Department, Pune University.
- M.D. (Medicine), P.G.Dip. of Diabetology, Australia
- Dept. of Diabetology, King’s College Hospital, London
- Ex-Consultant Diabetologist, Dept. of Diabetology, K.E.M Hospital, Pune
- Honorary Physician at Kamala Nehru Hospital, Pune
- Asst. Professor (Medicine), Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College & Hospital, Pune
- Panel Consultant at Poona Hospital & Research Center